Walking and running are among the most natural and purest forms of exercise in daily life. In the opinion of Spry Shoes your athletic shoes are crucial pieces of equipment in your body workout. Using the right athletic shoes for the right reasons can make a significant difference in keeping your feet and body healthy every time. Below are some tips to consider when choosing the best athletic shoes for your sport.
1. Know your foot size. Our feet have different shapes and sizes. Therefore, you should undergo all the foot tests necessary. Knowing your foot particularly will help you get the best shoes. These days most brands come with a type of model that suit every kind of foot.
2. Don’t multitask shoes. Flexibility is the key to running shoes as compared to walking shoes which are stiffer. Athletic shoes have an extended layer of cushion for greater impact when running so for both activities get a different pair.
3. Feet Change. Some say feet change is a myth, but everyone’s feet are variable in real life as we age. You should measure your feet at least twice a year having in mind that size also varies between brands, so don’t go by size but what fits you.
4. Go for shopping toward day end. Feet expand or swell while you walk or run during the day. Shoes you shop are supposed to fit your feet when they are at their largest.
5. Come with your socks. You should come with the socks you use during athletics. Also, bring orthotics you use if necessary too as shoes fit with them inside.
6. Apply the thumb rule. There should be an allowance of about 0.4 inches from the end of your shoe to the big toe front. Therefore your heel should relatively fit tightly and should not slip out while walking. Your shoe upper part over the foot top should be secure and snug and not tight anywhere.
7. Arch of the shoe. Sufficient arch support guarantees you right athletic shoes. The way shoes sole are created and constructed determines the overall arch characteristics. Choose shoes with excellent arch support and good shape by looking closely at their soles. Width between your toe and shoe heel should have a minimal amount of change, so consider athletic shoes with a more extensive middle to provide more surface area for support.
8. Price. Best quality athletic purpose shoes are relatively pricey and worth it. Know your budget and the shoes you need and don’t compare yourself to other people like celebrities as this will make you be an extravagance.
9. Time your shoe durability. Consider how your shoe looks and feel, therefore change your shoes when they become less supportive and uncomfortable and also when the back of shoe sole don’t support your impulsive force.
You don’t have to be flashy or expensive when going for athletic shoes. Look for shoes that will serve their intended purpose, fit you and your budget. You can discuss the best shoes with other athletes or with the salesperson at the store; they can also have some good sight.